Welcome to the XCFL

Start your virtual Coaching career in the best damn Madden league around!
We are MORE then just another Franchise. We are MORE then a content based league.
We are a Community and a Family of like minded ballers.
Are You Ready to Join?

By Jared Youtzy on Apr 30, 2018 at 10:24 PM
  1. Jared Youtzy

Jared Youtzy Rookie
    Rookie

Reputations:
    NASHVILLE -- There are resumes and then there is Jed Garcia's background in professional football.

Garcia, announced late Monday night as Tennessee's new head coach, was a college All-American at Vanderbilt University, a first-round draft pick in the NFL, and then he went on to be a perennial pro-bowler at Center for both the Oakland Raiders and Tennessee Titans.

He was the only two-time Rimington Trophy recipient while at Vanderbilt University.

[​IMG]

Now, he's eager to bring the Tennessee Titans their first Super Bowl victory.

“My sentiments mirror that of my 12-year-old son Bobby,” Garcia said in a statement released by the Titans. “When I told him the great news he said, ‘Wait. Dad, are you kidding? I mean, wow. Isn’t that a good organization? Correction. Great organization! I am so happy for you. We will do great things there!’ My response to him was that I could not agree more! I am excited about meeting my team, getting to know them and pouring into them.”

Garcia’s selection to succeed Kradosxx, who led the Titans to a 3-7 record this season, is a splashy and out-of-the-box first year coaching hire for the Tennessee Titans.

Garcia has never run his own program and spent just three seasons as an Ohio State University assistant, earning a promotion to associate head coach last September.

“He is one of the best to ever play the game and he has experienced tremendous success at all levels of the game,” the Titan's owner said in a statement. “I am looking forward to working with him and supporting his vision for our football team."

#1 Jared Youtzy, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
    steelerguy26 and Smooth Grizzly like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'Team News' started by Jared Youtzy, Apr 30, 2018.