Welcome to the XCFL

Start your virtual Coaching career in the best damn Madden league around!
We are MORE then just another Franchise. We are MORE then a content based league.
We are a Community and a Family of like minded ballers.
Are You Ready to Join?

By JUSTwinBABY on May 1, 2018 at 9:08 AM
  1. JUSTwinBABY

JUSTwinBABY Scheduling Director
    Scheduling Director Legend

Reputations:
    Screen_Shot_2018-04-18_at_11.26.19_AM.png
    Morning Raider Nation... And others. J.T. "the Brick" here with another edition of R.R. I've been a busy man lately so im behind a bit. Todays edition will cover weeks 8-12. Lets not waste anymore time.

WEEK 8 OAK Vs SEA
    WIN 34-9
    Screenshot_2018-05-01-07-07-39-1.png
    *OFFENSE \ GRADE. A
    Cant really knock the offensive unit here. They had short field's all day thanks to the defense. RB F. Bryan was hurt early on but wasnt doing much before hand anyways. Power RB T. Sanford came in for clean-up duty and kept drives alive.

Screenshot_2018-05-01-07-07-20-1.png

*DEFENSE \ GRADE. A+
    This game was this defensive units best of the season so far. They totally dismantled the hawks just look at the #s above!
    6 INTs
    6 Sacks
    92 passing yds allowed
    96 rushing yds allowed

*SUMMARY*
    Its looking like Rookie QB P. West is good for at least 1 INT a game this year. This habit is being masked by D\C Bill Romanowski's stingy defense giving West and co. The ball back a few times a game. Id like to see West clean it up a bit moving forward.

WEEK 9 LAR Vs OAKLAND
    WIN 27-14
    Screenshot_2018-05-01-07-08-10-1.png

OFFENSE \ GRADE. A
    Oakland came into this one with a solid gameplan, ball control, dont run to LE A. Donald's side, get 2+ bodies on Aaron. By no means am I saying LAR have no playmakers outside of Donald but hes the guy thats going to wreck your efforts the most and have the biggest impact.

Screenshot_2018-05-01-07-07-59-1.png

*DEFENSE \ GRADE. A
    I keep tryn to find a way to bash this unit cause im tired of giving them "A" grades each week but... Their earning the A's. This unit is top 3 in the XCFL and has been a turnover generating machine. The sack #s could've been higher given the Oline the hawks have but thats just me nit picking.

*SUMMARY*
    Oakland is beginning to seriously Gel as an entire team. The defense is helping the offense. The offense is helping the defense by turning takeaways into points. Its a beautiful cycle. Gotta Credit O\C Jon Gruden for coming up with a solid gameplan that was executed pretty well.

WEEK 10 KC Vs OAKLAND
    WIN 30-17
    Screenshot_2018-05-01-07-08-31-1.png
    *OFFENSE \ GRADE. A
    Well... QB P. West put up some high numbers for the 1st time in a while.... The negative, he threw 2 INTs. Sence making the cover of the XCFL Mag rookie RB F. Bryan hasnt done much until this game. The kids been getting TDs but had a stretch where he wasnt getting many yards. Welcome back Bryan! Either way 227yds passing 200yds rushing & 30points... Id chalk that up to a desirving "A" grade

Screenshot_2018-05-01-07-08-22-1.png

*DEFENSE \ GRADE. B+
    Grades taking a hit here due to giving up over 100 rushing yds when majority of the season they rarely even gave up 50 rushing yds. Im just getting nit picky now due to the amount of success this unit has had this season. Their doing their job though in that they dont give up a lot of points and thats the main job of a defense.

*SUMMARY*
    I'd like to know what QB Coach Rich Gannon is doing... Cause West's INTs are concerning. He tends to force passes because he trust's his strong arm a bit too much. This needs to be addressed and cleaned up before the playoffs which are right around the corner.

WEEK 11 INDY cpu Vs OAKLAND
    WIN 31-24
    Screenshot_2018-05-01-07-09-00-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-01-07-08-51-1.png

Just a CPU game. No need in recap

NOTES:
    SS B. Mealey snatched 3 INTs

QB P. West left game with undisclosed injury so QB N. York finished the game at QB

WEEK 12 BAL Vs OAKLAND
    WIN 36-35
    Screenshot_2018-05-01-07-09-28-1.png

*OFFENSE \ GRADE A
    You know i was going to give these guys a "B" grade but then i remembered how the game was won with seconds left. As i said last week P. West was injured and is out for 3 weeks so N. York started this week. The guy in my opinion could be a starter on quite a few teams. Outside of 1 horrible throw that got picked off the kid showed poise and put up big #s 17-24 for 263yds 1TD (game winner in the 4th) 1INT (missed a wide open TE) RB F. Bryan had 3-4 runs where he had 1 man to beat but couldnt shake him. His #s could've been insane had the ravens not been such sure tacklers.

Screenshot_2018-05-01-07-09-15-1.png

*DEFENSE \ GRADE. B-
    The guys earn the worst grade this season here. The unit got drug up and down the field majority of the game and had no answer for the inside rushing attack and put zero pressure on the QB who stood back there and tore us a new one. BUT again when the offense sputtered in the redzone and couldnt score the defense did it for them. The unit managed to land a huge hit on ravens RB Hall in the redzone which knocked the ball loose & FS K. Joseph scooped and scored then CB G. Conley took a pick the other way for a score late in the game.

*SUMMARY*
    This game could very well be the AFC championship game to come. Yeah Oakland pulled it off but that was just luck. I mean come on 2 defensive TDs late in the game when their backs were against the wall add on recovering an onside kick and marching down the field for a score. Then forcing a game sealing fumble when the ravens were trying to get in game winning FG range. I chalk it up to luck. Others may say that Oaklands defense is for real and always finds a way to win. Ill let you form your own opinion. Either way the Raiders are still unbeaten!

Well guys thats all for today. Sorry its such a long segment but i hope my regulars enjoyed it. As always im J.T. "the Brick" reminding all you football fans out there that theres only one nation, RAIDER NATION!!!!

Comments

Discussion in 'Team News' started by JUSTwinBABY, May 1, 2018.

1. NLars3
      NLars3
      Great stuff as always! Like the addition of the pics and stats.

#YorkTime
      JUSTwinBABY likes this.