Welcome to the XCFL

Start your virtual Coaching career in the best damn Madden league around!
We are MORE then just another Franchise. We are MORE then a content based league.
We are a Community and a Family of like minded ballers.
Are You Ready to Join?

By NLars3 on Apr 30, 2018 at 8:20 PM
  1. NLars3

NLars3 Moderator
    Legend Donor Content Director Co-Commissioner Hall of Fame

Reputations:
    Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 1.05.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 7.42.09 PM.png
    What's up XCFL fans, it's Herman Moore here, talking about my favorite thing... WIDE RECEIVERS. We are currently in Week 12, and the Lions just played their worst XCFL game of the cycle. This explosive offense that has lead the XCFL in scoring the past 4 seasons, was held to just 10 points. But let's go back to this past offseason and take a look at what the Lions did with their 1st round draft pick.

After last season, the dynamic duo of Gordon Todd and Dixon Bishop showed the XCFL that they were the two best wide outs in the league. Todd caught 70 balls for 1.796 yards and 20 touchdowns. Opposite of him was Dixon Bishop, who caught 67 balls for 1,655 yards and 20 touchdowns. Rookie QB Blair Overhauser was in heaven, these two monsters out wide made his job easy. They are freak athletes, run great routes, both stand 6'5, and both have 4.3 speed. What more can you ask for? Well after a monster MVP season from Overhauser, Team owner and GM Nick Larson went out and drafted another raw talented physical freak with the 16th overall pick in the draft. Enter 6'6 230 lb. 22 year old DeMarcus Meyer. Most draft experts around the league thought the Lions reached big time, which they did... but Larson had a vision and so far it is paying off. I mean look at the measurements of these guys..

• Gordon Todd - 6'5 236 lbs. 25 years old
    • Dixon Bishop - 6'5 225 lbs. 23 years old
    • DeMarcus Meyer - 6'6 230 lbs. 22 years old
    All three of these guys are physical freaks, rare combination of size, speed, and athletic ability.

Ever since Gordon Todd and Dixon Bishop came into the league they have always been the no doubt #1 option for their respective teams. So, last season XCFL Insiders wondered how the 2 would work together and if one would have to take on that "Robin" role while the other starred as Batman. Well, the 2 responded with massive nearly identical years, both catching an XCFL single season record 20 touchdowns a piece. We caught up with Dixon Bishop about how Todd helped his game... "When Mr. Larson approached me with the idea of trading for Todd, I was so hype! Any time you can add a player of his caliber, you do it. I faced a ton of double teams last season and I knew by bringing in Gordon, teams would have to decide who to double or game plan for."

So that question was answered, Overhauser was able to keep both star wide outs happy BUT, what if you add a third monster. Are there enough footballs to go around? We spoke with QB Blair Overhauser about the "dilemma", "Oh man, I've never played with this much talent. At Pitt I had great athletes, but nothing like GT, Bish, and D. They are all so unselfish and just tell me to find the open man. They all want to see each other succeed and they all don't care who catches the touchdowns. They are the first to run up to each other and celebrate with them. It's rare to have a once in a generation type player on your team, well... we have three."

So far this season the three wide receivers have been making plays all over the field. Todd has caught 52 balls for 1,376 yards and 12 touchdowns, Bishop has caught 46 balls for 1,095 yards, and 9 touchdowns, while the rookie Meyer has caught 38 passes for 804 yards, and 10 touchdowns.

We caught up with Lion's Offensive Coordinator Calvin Johnson, who said, "I don't know who's job is easier, mine or Blair's. Todd is entering his 4th season, but has the wisdom of a 12 year vet. He has taken Meyer under his wing and is showing him all sorts of tips and techniques. Like me, all 3 of these guy's are big body, speed receivers who can go up and get the football. When most QB's feel a rush or are forced to get rid of the football, they either throw it away or hit a check down, we tell Blair just throw that sh*t up and let our boys go and make a play. Because lemme tell you, 9 times outta 10, they gonna come down with it"

Lastly, we spoke with the rookie himself, DeMarcus Meyer about his experience so far, "Man, it's been incredible. Both Dixon and Gordon have been awesome. Dixon is a very good route runner, he works very hard at it and has shown me awesome techniques for getting in and out of my breakers quicker. Gordon is a physical freak. There is no one better in this league at high pointing the football in traffic. The knowledge these guys have shared with me, even just 11 games into my career is crazy. We are going to be a dangerous trio that will create mismatches no matter who we play."

Thanks for reading along fellas! And as always... Go Lions!
    Herman Moore
    Lion's Den Beat Writer
    Former Lion's WR

JUSTwinBABY, Jmo31 and steelerguy26 like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'Team News' started by NLars3, Apr 30, 2018.