Welcome to the XCFL

Start your virtual Coaching career in the best damn Madden league around!
We are MORE then just another Franchise. We are MORE then a content based league.
We are a Community and a Family of like minded ballers.
Are You Ready to Join?

By steelerguy26 on Apr 18, 2018 at 10:27 AM
  1. steelerguy26

steelerguy26 The Commissioner
    Legend Donor Hall of Fame Commissioner Administrator

Reputations:
    pitt-news.png

Pittsburgh, PA
    – The Pittsburgh Steelers have struggled the last few seasons which has led to a new General manager, offensive and defensive coordinators and a new direction as it pertains to the draft and player personnel.

Big names like Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown are gone. Le’veon Bell and Martavis Bryant are on their last legs and a general youth movement seems to be underway as the Steelers work to overhaul their roster.

The team spent big money in FA on the likes of veteran QB David Carr and CB Jason Verrett as well as restocking the OL with vets and trading for WR DeVante Parker. But so far, the offense has still struggled to score points and the defense has not provided the pass rush the team has needed as the team has struggled to get to 2-2 on the season.

So, coach Pat Narduzzi, who is said to be on the hot seat, has called a team meeting and our sources are telling us he has told both his OC and DC to start a youth movement on their sides of the ball. The offense is said to be looking to utilize rookies HB Rashaad Penny, and QB Mason Rudolph more and rookie center Tanner Lentz has already succeeded veteran Maurkice Pouncey in the starting lineup. The third year, speedy wideout Joseph Oliver will also be used in the slot more as Bryant begins to lose reps to JuJu Smith-Schuster who will move to the number two WR spot.

On the defensive side of the ball and injury to Jamal Perkins has forced the youngster Allen Zellner into action on the D-line and the secondary may be seeing the biggest shake up as newly acquired FA Verrett will be removed from his spot in the nickel and FA rookie CB Ja'Terian Nielsen, who was recently signed off the Chiefs practice squad, will split reps with Cam Sutton in the role. The biggest surprise may be that FA SS Johnathon Cumberland will be losing his job to rookie sensation Ronnie Harrison who the team has said has played lights out in practice and deserves a shot as a starter.

All-in-all the Steelers will be turning to three rookies on offense and will be depending heavily on pair of them on defense as well. The youth movement has began in Pittsburgh but will it help the team get back on track and continue winning more games, that has yet to be determined, but the future is now in Pittsburgh and the Steelers are looking to go full speed ahead with the roster changes and take their chances on the young men they have assembled either via the draft or through free agency and place their faith in that youth.

Will it pan out and get this team, who is just a few seasons removed from a Super Bowl title, back on the road to winning the AFC North and back into the playoffs? Stay tuned as all eyes are now on coach Narduzzi and his roster overhaul. This could turn out to be a great move or it can backfire in his face, only time will tell.

"The XCFL is an August to August Madden NFL League"
I am the founder of the XFA and XCFL and an avid Pittsburgh Steelers fan. My blood bleeds the Black & Gold. I enjoy playing Madden on the Xbox, watching football and spending time with my family.

I have two wonderful kids, Zachary and Zoe and a loving wife who hates Madden but lets me play anyway. I design websites and do social media marketing for a living.

I have been running Madden leagues and playing in them since 2004. The same year the XFA was born. The XFA started as a PlayStation league, then moved to the PC, then Xbox 360 and now we are on Xbox One.

Twitter : @XCFLNetwork | Email : commish@xcflnetwork.com

Comments

Discussion in 'League News' started by steelerguy26, Apr 18, 2018.