Welcome to the XCFL

Start your virtual Coaching career in the best damn Madden league around!
We are MORE then just another Franchise. We are MORE then a content based league.
We are a Community and a Family of like minded ballers.
Are You Ready to Join?

A Sad Day in the XCFL

Discussion in 'League News' started by steelerguy26, May 25, 2018.

1. steelerguy26

steelerguy26 The Commissioner
    Legend Donor Hall of Fame Commissioner Administrator

Reputations:
    OK fellas there is no easy way to make this announcement and trust me I am not taking it lightly. The thought has been on my mind for two Madden's now and it is time. I have been at this since 2003, being a Commish and running leagues and loved every minute of it. But my time is up and it is time for me to step away from this kid’s game we all know and love.

I do so with a heavy heart as I wish nothing more than success for the XCFL but as the saying goes "if you're not working to get better you are getting worse" and honestly, I lost my desire to work at making the XCFL better a long time ago and have been running on fumes for a while now.

I have seen it all over the years with leagues and have had some great help along the way creating the success of the leagues I have been a part of. I have made some great friends and a few enemies as well in the process. I would not trade the experience for anything.

Today is the beginning of the end of an era for me and the Madden community as I step away with the knowledge that I am the longest running or second longest running Commish in the community. I also step away proud of the Commish tree I leave behind as I know of at least 4 other very successful leagues whose leadership are previous XFA, XCFL members who once were on our staff at one point or another in the history of the leagues.

As of this moment I am still unsure as to the future of the XCFL as there is no current succession plan in motion. The possibility of us closing down altogether weighs on my mind and is one of the reasons I have not hung up my cleats already and rode off into the sunset two Madden’s ago.

I am open to the idea of someone stepping up and taking the reigns and leading the XCFL into the future but only if that person or group of people have the goal to get the XCFL back on track to being one of the top 5 best Madden leagues around. I will even help the transition of leadership take place and make sure it goes smoothly if that is an option. If not though, the XCFL will close it’s doors at the end of this season.

I wish I still had the love of the game and the passion to continue but I no longer have that drive in me. I have been at this for 15 years now. I went from changing diapers in between games to watching that same son win a Super Bowl before I accomplished the feat myself. It has been a long and fruitful journey and I will miss you all but it is time that I bid the madden world ado and announce my retirement as both a Commish and player effect immediately.

For those of you who are holding out hope Nick will be able to step up and take over unfortunately life happens to us all. Please continue to read.

Nick Larson

Well fellas, there is no easy way for me to say this. For the past year or so, this CFM has been a big part of my life. But as we all know life changes fast. I have started going back to school and am getting a new job in cyber security, as well as getting married August 3rd. I have my bachelor party, honey moon, and other vacations coming up as well.

With all that being said I just wont the time to put towards this league anymore. My life is really getting going and my focus and effort needs to be else where. I'm really bummed and i feel like im letting a lot of you guys down, but i have to do whats best for me and my life moving forward. I'll have my discord up for a while, so always feel free to shoot me a message and chat, and i wish all of you the best. It was a hell of a run and a ton of fun."

----

Both Nick and I want to thank everyone for making the XCFL a great league and a community we can all be proud of. To all the members we wish you nothing but the best and hope you can find another great league you can call home.

To all the current and past staff. Thank you all for helping to make the XFA and XCFL so awesome. I owe you all a debt of gratitude and could not of done it without you all.

To my our Co-Founder @Robert Williams it's time brother. I am joining you on the other side my man. Most don't know this but without you, the XFA and XCFL would never have existed. Talk to you soon partner....

----

If anyone wishes to step up and take control of the franchise so current members who wish to finish this season can, please PM me. But at the end of this season the XCFL will officially be closing the doors and locking the key away for good.

2. F3RR3IRA SR

F3RR3IRA SR Moderator
    Legend Donor

Reputations:
    All I simply say is Jim , Nick Thank you for giving me a home to play the game i use to love.

Your Friend

Big Al

steelerguy26 likes this.
  3. Mike D' Duff

Mike D' Duff Starter
    Starter

Reputations:
    Wow... That destroyed me :( its the only league i know and want to be in! Mh so it is what it is ita hard but thanks a lot to you commish and all you admins and members! I had a fucking great time with you guys! Now i know, how a league should be! So the search of a good league begins again. :(

4. Stefmoney08

Stefmoney08 Donor
    Starter Donor

Reputations:
    This is definitely gonna be tough.... I viewed this league as family 31 other brothers talking shit and playing madden. I will miss the hell out of the Xcfl. Pour one out for my dead homies.

Smooth Grizzly and steelerguy26 like this.
  5. TRoubLd miNd- MSR Commish

Reputations:
    I am here only to pay my respects to Jim. We’ve had a lot more ups then downs, or the perceived downs we did have. I have relied on your advice since the moment I joined Maddens CFMs (late bloomer). I appreciate the opportunity you gave me in XCFL and wouldn’t be where I am without it and your guidance. I only hope you’ll still be on discord so I can hit you up for the advice some may or may not know you gave without asking anything in return. Madden CFM community is losing a great member and friend of the community as a whole. Thanks for making XCFL so welcoming and such a great league for such a long time.

Bryan

6. Coach Boone

Coach Boone Legend
    Legend

Reputations:
    Bro I just left my other madden lg to focus here man what is going on.... Jim man....Nick man...... bro I don’t even know how to react....since TML, XCFL..... mannnn wow just wow man... just... thank you guys.... mannnn

NLars3 and steelerguy26 like this.
  7. AirV23

AirV23 Legend
    Legend Donor

Reputations:
    Jim and Nick,

Thanks for the best and most fun gaming years of my life. You are the best and most unselfish staff members I met in any sports gaming league I played in.

After family, work and real sports TML and XCFL were the the biggest subjects every day for me.

Wish you all the best in the future and whenever you guys are in The Netherlands I would be happy to buy you guys a beer and show you the country.

Stay healthy guys!

NLars3 likes this.